Pages

Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Year in Review

I remember gladly welcoming 2012 to come in about a year ago.  I don't remember why 2011 seemed to be so awful but I was ready to move on.  Well, 2012 was a year of ups and downs.  Hubs battled IDES, Sears, and the Treasure Chest over lost wages, our beautiful girl was born in May, we missed our first mortgage payment because I was on maternity leave, I got to spend my whole summer with my family doing lots of fun activities, we decided to short sale the house, and most significantly, Hubs lost his dad on 12/11 due to a heart attack.

2013 is already proving to be interesting - Calah is on her third day of a nursing strike and it is painstaking for me.  I hate pumping and I certainly don't want to do it while I'm at home!!  I am trying to be patient with her and figure it out together.  LORD help me!  Jo was tested for allergies last week and we discovered he is mildly allergic to dogs and that's it.  Encouraging for sure - he's on Singulair every day now indefinitely and seems to be doing better but I think he may have caught Calah's cold from last week.  He has dived into the terrible twos head first as of last week and he is very volatile. Benji was never this bad.  I could at least get him to take deep breaths and calm him down.  I feel like Jo doesn't understand what I say to him sometimes, so I just have to be patient and consistent.  We are not sure where we will be living once the house sells but we are putting it in GOD's hands and trying to be smart in the meantime and save up as much as possible.

Tomorrow will be another home day (I think that makes two home days since I've been home on vacation) and is sure to have plenty of things for me to do in the house.  I have been going through the house purging and reorganizing like crazy lately.  You'd think I was pregnant, lol. However, we still have a major clutter and mess problem at the moment.  Hubs started tackling the garage clutter yesterday and I have been going through boxes and boxes of clothes from the garage so we know where everything is and what we need to keep.  Then he can put them back in a good spot in the garage.  I have been getting some great ideas for home organization from some blogs that I've found and am really excited and optimistic about my ability to do it and keep it up.  Even in this small house.  I thought it wouldn't be possible because we have no space for anything but I have been finding ways to use the space more efficiently.

I need to get to bed.  It's 11:33PM and I'm planning to get up early and get to the gym.  I have our final weigh-in on Tuesday when I get back to work and I have probably gained five pounds over the past week.  So, I will need to lose about 15 pounds in the next week and with Calah not nursing, I'm not burning as many calories, so I'm a little pessimistic about this goal.  But, it's not the end of my journey.  I still have the rest of my life to work on this and I will get to 150 in 2013.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment and let me know you were here!

You will also enjoy...