Pages

Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Bucket List Progress

It's not even technically summer yet, but anything after mid-May is summer to me! (And I don't even get summer vacation!)  We created a Bucket List this year and we have already crossed off six items (seven if you count that we've gone to the zoo twice already)!  I told Benji about the list and almost every day, he keeps asking me if things we have done were on the list.  And in a lot of cases, they weren't; we just wanted to do something fun or spend some extra time together and actually followed through!

This weekend, we hosted Calah's 1st Birthday party, and it was a lot of fun.  But I was pretty exhausted afterwards.  After everyone left, Hubs had to go to church to setup for the next day, so I got the kids bathed, we read a book, and got ready for bed.  By 8:00, they were all in bed and I started a bubble bath for myself.  At 8:05, JoJo came out of their room to go to the bathroom, so I had to help him get his bedtime diaper off and then put it back on when he was done.  At 8:10, I was ready to finally get in the bath.  Since I quit nursing on her birthday, over a week ago, I decided it was a good time to pop open the rosé Hubs had bought recently.  I grabbed my library book that I was waiting to start reading until my class was over and Calah's party was done.  It was due back on Tuesday, so time was of the essence.  It was 389 pages and this was Saturday night!  Around 8:15, Benji comes in to the bathroom to, you know, go.  Jojo follows him out of the room and I politely sweetly requested yelled at him to get back in bed and don't get out again.  I was super irritated because this happens every.single.night in our house.  That's a whole other story for another day.  So, I yank the curtain closed so I could wash up and get out and dried off without the five year old staring at me.    Then, I laid down on the bed to read some more and kept falling asleep about every 60 seconds.  Remember, this is around 8:30 by this point.  I finally put the book down and turned on the TV because that usually keeps me awake.  All I remember is that Hubs came home around 10:30 and I woke up and realized I never even turned on a show to watch; I pushed the power button to the TV and immediately fell asleep.  #mymindandbodyarefighting

Sunday, Hubs' softball game got canceled because of all the rain we had gotten this past week, so we stayed in the rest of the afternoon.  The little kids didn't get much of a nap but did surprisingly well in the afternoon.  Benji helped me make Hubs' famous italian sausage rigatoni for dinner.  I could eat that dish every night and be fat happy.  Then, I laid out a bunch of blankets and pillows on the living room floor (we have a slab foundation with wood laminate on top, i.e. not the best for sitting comfortably) and turned on a superhero movie (Wolverine) for us to watch together.  We all cuddled and watched the whole movie in the living room and at one point, had some left over cake for dessert.  It was a great way to end an exhausting day weekend two months and went a long way to catching me up on some rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment and let me know you were here!

You will also enjoy...