Pages

Friday, June 7, 2013

Fabric Scrappy Tutu Finale

Back in March, I posted about making a fabric scrap tutu for Calah's birthday party.  Well, since her party was this weekend, I got to put it on her finally!

I felt like it was lacking some depth:

So I added some pink glitter tulle to it by tying pieces of it onto the pink fabric scraps, then wrapping a longer piece around the waistband and tying to bows in the front.  This reminded me of the cartoon version of Cinderella when the mice were making her dress.  For some reason, I remember those bows they put on the dress more than anything.  If mice were great tailors in real life, I might not be so quick to boot the occasional field mouse out of the house!

Anyway, this is what it looked like on baby girl:








She's so beautiful, isn't she??

Happy birthday Calah Joy!  We love you and your silliness more than you will ever know.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment and let me know you were here!

You will also enjoy...