If you have been reading my blog for a while, you saw that we recently had a screen-free week here. Surprisingly, we did not really cross many items off the list during that week, though it was a great week of being together more and not distracted by screens.
For 2017, we are going to work towards crossing as many of these activities off the list as possible, while probably adding to it as the year goes on. I plan to blog about it and share our photos as we go.
Here's our list so far:
- Take a trip to the library - our library has toys and puzzles you can play with in the children's section and my kids love spending time there.
- Make salt dough ornaments
- Bake cookies for someone else
- Paint/make homemade Christmas cards
- Make a no-sew pillow/blanket
- Write a book report and present to family
- Paint plates at pottery place - I have this idea I'm really excited about that would involve us painting one dinner plate each, in our own design, so that we could each have our own plate at home that we created!! I think this would be really cool!
- Workbook activities (letters, math, etc...)
- Organize mom & dad's room
- Clean out garage
- Write a story together
- Draw coloring pages
- Take a walk/treasure hunt at the mall
- Snowball fight/sledding
- Visit the beach at least once
- Summer vacation somewhere close
- Grill out with friends in the backyard
- Jo & Calah learn to swim (they took 4 months of lessons in the fall and will do more in April/May)
- Family bike ride
I'm looking for more ideas, too, so if you have tried something fun with the family that's not on this list, feel free to comment below!