Pages

Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Empty Shelf Challenge - Creative Correction by Lisa Whelchel


Have you ever had to read something a dozen times before you really caught what it was saying?  A sentence? A paragraph?  How about a whole book??  Well, I have read this book all the way through TWICE already but am reading it again because, truth be told, I haven't successfully implemented much of it into my everyday parenting.

Also, the Toolbox section at the end of each chapter wasn't completely useful to me when I had a toddler and a baby.  But now that the boys are five (six in 34 days!) and three, I want to read through it again to start working some of the techniques into our discipline.

The biggest things I hope to take away from the book this time around include:

1. Creative Corrections (Imagine that!) - Good ways to discipline that still hit right to the heart and are appropriate for the situation.

2. Better use of my tone/voice - No more yelling in frustration/exasperation

3. Teaching with Scripture - I need to memorize more verses that I can help the kids also memorize so they can hide them in their hearts for when they are about to make a decision and need some guidance.  Also, I want to memorize some key verses that will help me keep calm and make wise choices with my kids.

Has anyone read this book?  Did you like it?  Implement anything?  Let's share, shall we? 

Note: I'm reading this as part of the Empty Shelf Challenge via Jon Acuff.  Here's my original post about it: Empty Shelf Challenge

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment and let me know you were here!

You will also enjoy...