Pages

Thursday, June 12, 2014

Time Don't Be Stoppin'

It's been so long since I've blogged that I forgot how to start a new post for a minute, there.  Things have changed a lot over the past couple months, so I haven't had much time to write anything.  Last I wrote, there were a lot of ch-ch-changes coming our way.  I ended up getting that part-time job working for a lawyer as a paralegal and am super excited about it.  It's not glamorous or anything, but I do like helping people and that's what they do there.  So, I've been working there for seven weeks now and am learning something new every day.  I love learning new things but hate that newbie feeling at the same time.  I wish I could answer peoples' questions already, but I know that will come with time.

Hubs had a job change as well - his part-time ministry job.  I keep going back and forth about whether I want to blog about this because I know many that read this blog are my friends from the church home that I've loved and called home since 1998 and it's a fine line to walk to talk about this in open forum.  What I want to say about it is that we were very hurt, like deep-to-the-core, by the events of the past month and are trying to find healing in the midst of it all.  God is good and faithful and just and is still our Shepherd leading us through every step we take (Prov 3:5-6), but it's hard to see past the pain into the next chapter right now.  I miss my church and it's only been two weeks.  It feels like it's been an ETERNITY!  I miss my family and all the kids; the relationships; the support system; the growing together, all of it.  Hubs and I decided that we'd take this next month to take a step back to get some perspective.  I think we need to dig deeper than we have been because we are halfway through this month and I feel no closer to understanding where we are heading or why this is really happening.

I started blogging back in 2011 (on another blog site) as a diary of sorts, where I could just write, unfiltered.  Because nobody knew I had the blog other than Hubs.  Now that I've been writing only on this blog site, I know some people read it and for that I am so grateful, but I feel guarded, just like I do on Facebook.  I don't like complaining because I know that God works for the good of those who love Him and He has my life under control, so when hard stuff comes, I want to still be shining His light and not gripe and groan.  So, I stay guarded and don't write those types of things very often.  So, this blog was supposed to curb some of that.  All that to say, I want to make sure that I keep my original intentions pure in that I don't shield myself because of what my readers may think of me.  I hope that some might find this blog helpful in some way, shape, or form.

In other news, Benji lost his first tooth a few weeks ago! It was really hard to tell that he's missing a tooth because the adult one had grown in almost the whole way by the time it fell out.  He lost his bottom tooth right next to the right incisor.  The "tooth fairy" gave him $1 for that tooth and he was stoked.  He's still looking for something to spend it on, though.

On June 3rd, Benji graduated from Kindergarten.  The really fun thing is that his teach chose him to be one of the two boys that got to read The Very Hungry Caterpillar out loud in front of the parents and he really did a great job. 

Pre-graduation haircut


Benji's Kindergarten teacher, Ms. Soliman








Best Whole Family picture we've gotten in probably 2 years
 That's all the update I have for now, but I will try to write more often.  I actually have to do work at this new job, so I don't have as much time at the computer to just do what I want these days.  Thanks for checking in with me here!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment and let me know you were here!

You will also enjoy...